Sunday, April 11, 2010

Memoir or Novel? Which one is the more important?

I have been thinking about fiction and non-fiction. I have no idea where my characters come from in my novels, but I am passionate about them and their lives, so I would guess they come from some very deep place right inside me. Okay, maybe they do. I hate to admit that! Are they still fiction? I think so. Meanwhile, my memoir sits there wondering if only my relatives should read it, or maybe, should not!

I think about this a lot while doing other things. Truth or fiction, or a bit of both. What is really happening, I would guess, is a new book, which will be both fiction and non-fiction. Is that a memoir anyway? The creative process at work!

I am packed and ready for London, so am not too sure if this blog will have to wait until my return. We shall see. I am so looking forward to the London Book Fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment