Saturday, March 13, 2010

Working in Cellini's Revenge, the sequel

I write backwards! I freewrite on a certain book, like Cellini's Revenge, the sequel, and I don't know much where I am going. I do know the ending. But even that can change. I think this is a very creative process and one that it takes some nerve to continue to do. Most people think you should plan a book. Well, my plan is to write it any way I can. Knowing the ending helps. But characters pop up from my imagination that I could never have planned, and I think that is fun and interesting and keeps me writing. In the end I have many writings, done in twenty minute slots, that I piece together. It isn't easy. It is very challenging. But it is like a crossword puzzle. There is a place for each piece. Note, however, that four pieces I wrote seem to be asking to be put in the sequel to the sequel. It is a wonderful process. I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment