Sunday, March 21, 2010

When can I write? I don't have time!

I used to paint watercolor. I would set up a scene, set up my watercolors and proceed to rush about my day, going to work, picking up my daughter, rushing to shop, rushing to cook and sitting down, still, to eat. I discovered that with watercolors I could pick up my paintbrush, dab it into the water, dab a color onto it, and dab it right where I was dreaming as I dashed by, that it would go when I got a second. Many paintings were accomplished like that. Writing can be like that. Five minutes here, three minutes there, and a lovely twenty minutes once in awhile. After all, reading your own writing counts, too! Thinking about it counts! Those wonderful ah! ha! moments count, too! This blog has taken me three minutes. It counts, too! Join me!

No comments:

Post a Comment