Tuesday, November 2, 2010

NaNoWriMo Who me write a novel in a month?

After a long while, I am back to say that somehow I am starting to write my next book. It is social pressure. Writers I know keep asking me if I am doing the write-a-novel-in-the-month-of-November thing. No, I say. I couldn't possibly. I only got 30,000 words done last year. But my daughter, Elizabeth Stark, (www.elizbaethstark.com), even though she has two three year olds, is doing it and also helping others to do it at the same time! I said to her, heck, what can I do to help? So I am babysitting soon to give her more time. Meanwhile, something clicked and here I am again, writing up a storm. I missed one day already, but, again, what the heck, just like my credit card, I will pay it down a little every day. This is such a discipline, but the results are amazing. No criticism: just write, write, write. In thirty days, presto, 50,000 words. (You do the daily math, please!)

No comments:

Post a Comment