Monday, July 5, 2010

Camping, Singing and garage sale freebies

On my way to the folk singing campout in Boulder Creek, I saw some free books. I got three hard cover brand new books of Harry Potter. I will hold them until my grandsons are ready. They are three now: that should be about a year at the rate they are reading.

I am trying to write a song to a friend's music. It is very complicated music, and I feel like I am writing an opera: many parts at once. Quite a challenge, and not at all like folksongs or novels. I listen to a recording of it as I drive and little-by-little the words find themselves.

I sang at the campfire, and I sang at the mike. Two heart songs: Plaisir d'Amour and The Sisters of Mercy. Quite a few members of the audience were younger and many had never heard these songs. I was delighted to re-introduce them and keep them alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment