Saturday, June 12, 2010

San Francisco Free Folk Festival

Inspiration, folks! There stood Faith Petric, 94, singing and playing her guitar, and standing so very straight! I liked all her songs about sitting around singing together (and not checking email, etc.). She sang Malvina Reynolds, too. Hold it tight, and you won't have any. (a penny) I thought about writing my one last great song. I know so much more about story now that I have written a number of books. You would think I could get a song down well by now. But for some reason just setting myself up for a "great" song gives me writer's block on the subject. I know a woman who writes a song a day! I could do that! What an exercise to not have to write a great song! Just like this blog: it isn't great. It just is. And so it gets written, somehow. I think about songs: political songs, love songs, poetic songs, sad songs, funny songs. Perhaps one per day? No, all that is scary. I like the way we do it in writers' group: dig up four words and go on writing from there. Now, let me see, la, la, la.....

No comments:

Post a Comment